Under close supervision, lay out and construct tools from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches to meet scheduled deadlines and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the assistance of other Toolmakers, set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling.
- Perform simple calculations of material needs and other requirements.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
- Additional Functions:
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year machine shop experience and/or machine shop training at a Vocational Technical School.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.