Operations Aircraft Technician II (A&P)
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order signoffs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Protect customer property (PTP).
- Additional Functions:
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and signoffs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large size aircraft required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.