RS Cabinetmaker Sr
Under general supervision, fabricates the most complex cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies for installation in aircraft. Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and training to co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions:
- Fabricates complex high quality furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using stationary and hand held-tools. .
- Interprets material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
- Complies with and champions safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensures the protection of aircraft interiors. .
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Additional Functions:
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when required. Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians. .
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. .
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Coordinates with other backshops when necessary.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. 4 years of experience in cabinetmaking. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.