RS Cabinetmaker II
Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions:
- Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in subassemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips.
- Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior.
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Additional Functions:
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. .
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years' experience in cabinetmaking. Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications preferred. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Other Requirements:
- The ability to read write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.